Care of Farm Tools
For us to be able to get the best use of our farm tools, it is important we take good care of them. Some of the ways by which we can care for them are:
- Wash and dry the farm tools under the sun or in a cool place after use.
- Farm tools like cutlass, spade, fork, trowel and the likes should be washed and dried, brushed with either oil or grease after use and sometimes even when not in use.
- Each farm tool must be used for the purpose for which it was made.
- Cleaned farm tools should be stored in a dry and termite-free place.
- All broken and damaged part of a farm tool should be repaired.
- Farm tools that are to be stored for a long time should be oiled and greased.
- A record should be taken of the movement of the farm tools.
- Water should not be stored in head-pans or watering cans. Rather, these farm tools should be placed upside down after use so as to ensure adequate draining and drying.
- What is the difference between the following farm tools and how can each be cared for?
- Cutlass and Machete
- Cast net and Scoop net