SUBJECT: BASIC SCIENCE
CLASS: Primary four
TOPIC: HARMFUL FOODS
SUB-TOPIC: BAD FEEDING HABITS
Behavioural Objectives: At the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- Identify harmful food to their body
- Explain how food can be harmful to the body.
- State the damages of bad feeding habit. HARMFUL FOODS
Harmful foods breakdown the body system, destroy energy, weaken strength and make one unhealthy.
Examples of harmful foods are: Contaminated food (spoilt food) undercooked food, food exposed to flies, unripe fruits, rotten fruits, expired canned foods and drinks.
EFFECTS OF HARMFUL FOOD
- Harmful foods cause sickness and diseases e.g dysentery
- Stomach upset (unripe fruit can cause stomach upset).
BAD FEEDING HABITS
- Taking too much food and drinks at a time
- Not chewing food properly before swallowing
- Eating too fast
- Picking teeth with fingers or a steel instrument
- Eating an inadequate meal
- Overfeeding (gluttony)
- Using a knife to put food into the mouth instead of a spoon or fork.
CONSEQUENCES OF BAD FEEDING HABITS
- It can make digestion difficult in case of improper chewing
- Diseases can be contracted
- It can cause stomach discomfort
- Using knife to eat can injure the mouth
- Talking while eating can make food go through the wrong path.
State 3 consequences of bad feeding habits
Call this number for any further questions on the subject- 09079895255