JSS3 LESSON NOTE FOR WEEK 7
NATIONAL ECONOMIC LIFE
Self employment is the habit or practice of having one’s business without working under anybody. People who practice one vocation or the other are always self employed and many of them become employers of labor.
SELF EMPLOYMENT PROJECTS
1. BUYING AND SELLING: Some people are in the business of buying goods which they sell in order to earn a living and make profit.
2. ANIMAL HUSBANDRY: This is the business of dealing with the keeping, rearing and tending livestock such as fowls and animals for sale.
3. FASHION DESIGNER: They are people who engage in the business of sewing clothes for majority of people.
4. CARPENTRY: These business deals with using wood material to build houses, and other materials necessary for human existence.
5. MECHANIC: These are people who engaged in the business of repair of vehicles.
6. ELECTRICIANS: They deal with repair and maintenance of light.
6. FARMING: This is an old business of planting crops for human consumption.
THE NEED FOR SELF EMPLOYMENT
1. It will give opportunity for people to invest in the business of their choice.
2. It may provide more revenue than working under the government.
3. It will enable people to practice the vocation they have been trained for.
3. It will give opportunity for people to have their own means of livelihood since government cannot provide jobs for everyone.
4. It enhances our national income and promotes our economic and social life.
5. It will give opportunity for people to serve their communities through the various services they render to the people.