SOURCE OF DOCUMENT
These are documents with which a book-keeper records the monetary value of all transactions.
TYPES OF SOURCE DOCUMENT.
1. CASH RECEIPT: This is used to record payment of only cash transaction.
2. INVOICE: Is a document that the seller of products or services issues to the buyers.
3. CASH REGISTER TAPE: Is a machine that is used for calculations and printing of cash transaction details.
4. DEBIT NOTES: This is a document issued by a seller to correct an error made when the buyer is undercharged i.e. increase in the amount of money the buyer is owing.
5. CREDIT NOTE: This is issued to correct an overcharge in an invoice. i.e. sent to the buyer to indicate a decrease in the amount owned.
6. CHEQUE: Is a written instruction to a bank to pay a specified amount of money to a named person on his or her order.
PARTIES TO A CHEQUE
1. DRAWER: This is the owner of the account.
2. DRAWEE: This is the bank that is requested to pay the money.
3. PAYEE: This is the person whose name is written on the cheque to collect the money.